While Salmon seems to get a lot of attention during the Summer months. Swordfish is one of the best for grilling. Swordfish had great texture with a firm flesh, it holds up well to heat and will not fall apart. Try this recipe from our Chef Arvin Dhansew and give us your feedback!
4- 8oz sword fish steaks
2 cups of olive oil
Zest of 3 lemons
6 cloves of garlic sliced
4 sprigs of thyme
2 Tbl cracked black pepper
2 tbl kosher salt
- Place fish in a deep dish
- Combine rest of ingredients and mix well
- Pour marinade over fish and cover with plastic wrap, let marinade for a minimum of 4 hours or over night.
- Pre heat grill to 400 degrees
- Remove fish from marinade and blot dry using paper towel to remove excess marinade, this will eliminate any flare ups
- Place fish oh hot grill, let cook for 3 mins before turning 45 degrees to achieve the cross mark.
- Flip fish over and repeat process, some grill may require longer cooking time since they all differ in temperatures.
- Remove fish and let sit for 3 mins
Served with citrus relish
1 orange peeled and diced, remove all whites for this will make it bitter
1 grapefruit peeled and diced
2 lemons peeled and diced
1 large tomato diced
½ red onion diced
½ cup of olive oil
2 tbl chopped cilantro
1 clove of minced garlic
1 jalapeno minced (seeds remove if you don’t like it spicy, leave seeds if you want some heat)
1 tbl kosher salt
1 tbl freshly ground black pepper
Combine all ingredients and let sit for at least half hour.