Last updated 5 years ago
Linguine with Shrimp, Tomatoes, Asparagus and Chilies
1 lb of Linguine Pasta
1 lb of Peeled and divined Shrimp
3 cloves of sliced Garlic
1 Tablespoon of chili flakes
1 bunch of asparagus cut into ¼ inch lengths
¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
½ stick of cold butter
2 Tablespoon of chopped Italian parsley
- Cook Pasta in large pot of salted boiling water until al dente (to the tooth).
- Place a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add oil, garlic and chili flakes.
- Cook until garlic edges start to turn light golden color (do not burn).
- Add shrimp and continue to cook for an additional 5 mins until shrimp turns pink.
- Add asparagus and tomatoes.
- Remove pasta from boiling water and add to skillet.
- Add some of the cooking pasta liquid if pasta if mixture is too dry.
- Add the butter whilst stirring to emulsify the sauce.
- Add chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove from heat.
- At this point grated parmesan cheese can be added if desired.