Last updated 5 years ago
Organic Chicken Patty with Grilled Onions, Tomato Chutney and Crisp Ice Berg
1.5 lbs of ground chicken (preferably dark)
2tbl Worcestershire sauce
4 sprigs of parsley chopped
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 large shallot finely chopped
1 tbl kosher salt
2 tbl freshly ground black pepper
- In large bowl combine and mix all ingredients well.
- If mixture is too wet don’t panic it will firm up when placed on grill.
- Form six 4oz patties and place on wax paper lined tray.
- Cover with plastic and place in refrigerator for at least one hour or overnight.
- Pre heat grill at least 10 mins prior to grilling, season grill with an oiled rag to prevent sticking.
- Place patties on a pre heated seasoned grill and cook for 4 mins before turning.
- Flip patties and cook for an additional 4 mins remove and keep warm.
2 large white or red onions
1 tbl salt
1tbl fresh cracked black pepper
3 tbl olive oil
- Cut 6-8 slices of onions about a ½ inch thick.
- Drizzle each slice of onion on both side with olive oil or brush it on using a pastry brush.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place or preheated grill and cook for 2 min. on each side.
- Keep warm for service later.
People panic when they hear chutney, DON”T! Its one of the simplest but extremely flavorful condiments
6 ripe plum tomatoes
½ cup of brown sugar
½ cup of red wine vinegar
1tsp of crushed pepper flakes
1tbl kosher salt
1 tbl ground cumin
- Rough chopped tomatoes and place in a sauce pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Bring mixture to a boil and reduce to simmer.
- Cook for about 20 stirring occasionally.
- Mixture will have the consistency of jelly.
Build the sandwich
- Cut brioche in half and place cut side down on grill for toasting cook for 30 seconds.
- Spread 2 tbl spoon each of tomato jam on brioche halves.
- Place chicken patty add grilled onions.
- Add your choice you cheese if desired.
- Topped with shredded iceberg lettuce.
You can have individual bowls of topping and guest can top their own sandwiches as they see fit, you can get real creative here and make it regional if you like
Some options for additional toppings:
Diced cucumbers with dill and sour cream
Hoisen sauce with ginger
Roasted peppers with olives
Sun dried tomatoes with parsley
Chopped dried apricots with red wine vinegar and mint
Cilantro and walnuts with olive oil