Last updated 3 years ago
Take a step out of your comfort zone with this elegant treat. These crostinis with blueberry chutney & ricotta would be prefect alongside a pork dish or as a mouthwatering appetizer.
makes 18 crostini
What you'll need
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2″ knob fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- a few sprigs fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- squeeze fresh lemon juice
- 1 baguette, sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 2 cups fresh ricotta (or if not “fresh,” make sure it’s whole milk)
- garnish: fresh thyme, lemon zest & flake salt like maldon
What you'll need to do
- In a small skillet, warm a drizzle of olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallot, and sauté until it starts to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the blueberries, ginger, brown sugar, vinegar, thyme and salt. Turn the heat to low, and let simmer for 15 minutes until it starts to thicken. Add the cornstarch and let simmer for 1 more minutes, stirring gently.
- Remove from heat and add a squeeze of lemon juice. Let chutney cool, and either serve at room temperature, or refrigerate until ready to use.
To make crostini:
- Heat grill or indoor grill pan to high heat. Brush each side of bread slices with extra virgin olive oil, then grill until lightly charred, about 1 minute per side. Sprinkle lightly with salt, then add a dollop of fresh ricotta and a tablespoon of the chutney.
- Garnish with fresh thyme leaves, lemon zest and a sprinkle of maldon salt.
For more tempting pictures and the original recipe visit Camille Styles.