Last updated 4 years ago
Impress your guests by starting off your next gathering with this seasonally delightful soup.
What you'll need:
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 medium Missouri-grown apples or desired cooking apple, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
What you'll need to do:
In a large saucepan cook the onion in hot butter over medium heat for 5 minutes or until tender.
Stir in apples and curry powder.
Add chicken broth. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until apples are very tender.
Stir in milk.
Cook and stir until heated through. If you like, use a potato masher to slightly mash apples.
Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with sliced green onion and almonds. Makes 4 servings.
Original recipe & nutritional facts: Midwest Living