Last updated 5 years ago
Persimmons are high in sodium, magnesium, calcium, iron, fiber and phenolic compounds. For this recipe you will need the delicious hachiya persimmon. It is in season from October until February, so keep an eye out for it at your local farmer's market & bring some home to make a seasonal dessert for your friends and family.
Makes 8 servings
What you'll need:
- Ripe persimmons (enough to make 2 cups of persimmon pulp)
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Whipped cream
What you'll need to do:
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the skin and seeds from the persimmons and puree the pulp in a blender or food processor.
- In a large bowl, combine the pulp, milk, sugar, eggs, flour, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla extract, and cinnamon until well mixed. Stir in the chopped nuts, if desired.
- Pour the mixture into an ungreased 9- by 13-inch baking pan and bake for 70 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream.