Marry You Me has a great step by step pictures on how to create these beautiful organic tree pedestal pie stand. This stand lets your pies shine and brings autumn into your home. Plus, this craft will cost you under $12!
What you'll need:
- A Cross-Cut Wood Plaque (round or oval). These can be found online at Hofcraft, if you cannot find it at your local craft store.
- A Cross-Section of a Tree Limb (Make sure the top and bottom are parallel)
- Titebond Ultimate Wood Glue (or a similar extra strong wood glue)
- A Large Wood Clamp
- Take your tree limb section and wipe the cut surface clean. Put a generous amount of extra strong wood glue on the surface.
- Place the limb section in the center of the back side your wood plaque and press down firmly. Wipe away any excess glue with a clean, damp cloth.
- Place the two joined pieces in a wood clamp and let dry for at least one hour. If you don't have a wood clamp, you can stack a few heavy books on top of your pedestal until it's dry.
- Use your pedestals to display cakes and desserts or use as a base for a centerpiece. If you want to place food directly on the wood surface, coat it first with a food-safe wood sealer. If you would like to keep the wood it's natural color, place a piece of parchment paper beneath your cake or dessert.
More pictures here.