In this edition of Holiday Entertaining, Relish brings you three unique decor ideas for your tablescape this Christmas.
Evergreen Candles are a fresh way to brighten up your table.
What you'll need
- glass votive
- wineglass, or hurricane glass
- hurricane candle (try gold, silver, white, green, or red)
- flat pine needle branch (like arborvitae)
- spray adhesive
What you'll need to do
- Start with your glass votive, wineglass, or hurricane as the candleholder.
- Apply spray adhesive to one side of the greenery and press firmly onto the glass.
- Clip off loose pine ends if needed.
Idea at picture from Better Homes & Gardens.
Bow Napkin Ring highlight the season of gift giving.
What you'll need
- 3/8-inch satin ribbon
- Start with a 45-inch length of narrow ribbon. Hold four fingers on one hand together, and wrap with ribbon, making certain it lies flat. The fullness of the bow will depend on how many times you wrap it around (we wrapped ours ten times; for larger bows, wrap ribbon around your whole hand).
- Slide the ribbon off your fingers, and pinch it together at the center.
- Cut a notch through all layers on each side.
- Tie a piece of string around the center of the ribbon, slipping it into the notches; pull string taut, and knot.
- To form the rosette, spread loops outward, and twist, shaping them into a fluffy ball.
For step by step pictures visit Martha Stewart.
Scrabble Board Place Settings make your table pop.
Use the game tiles of your scrabble game to spell out each guest's name on their place setting. The light brown color and the playful simplicity of the game tiles will make the colors throughout your table stand out.