Unique New Year's Eve decorations can be so difficult to find... why not make them yourself?
Bring the brightness and cheer of the new year by hanging a few of these glittered Chinese lanterns around. Make them to match your party colors, or just stick to NYE classics of gold, silver, or black.
What you'll need
- Paper lanterns (If making a bunch, use different sized laterns)
- Spray glue
- Cloth to catch glitter droppings
- Follow the directions on the package of the paper lantern to insert the light bulb and create the globe shape.
- With your glitter can, spray the lantern in patches then immediately add a handful of glitter. Let the extra glitter drip onto your drop cloth. You can use the extras as you go along or at the end.
- Repeat, repeat repeat! The key to glitter is layers upon layers. You don’t want it to look sparse so you might have to go over it again and again.