Tomorrow is National Granola Bar day & we have a recipe for you celebrate!
The history of exactly who invented the granola bar is unclear, but the popular healthy treat came about in the mid- 1970s and today it is a major part of the $3 billion cereal bar business in the US.
Relish’s Chef Arvin Dhansew brings you a recipe for the best granola ever, check it out:
What you’ll need:
- 1 (8 oz) container of rolled oats
- 4 oz of wheat germ
- 4 oz of flax seed
- 1 cup of honey
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- ½ cup of dried cherries
- ½ cup of chopped dried apricots
- ½ cup of raisins
- ½ cup of chopped dried figs
What you’ll need to do:
- In a large mixing bowl combine oats, wheat germ and flax seed.
- Mix well with honey and vegetable oil.
- Lay mixture on a baking sheet and toast in a 350 degree oven, turning every 8 mins to prevent burning.
- Toast until mixture is golden in color about 30-40 mins.
- In a mixing bowl add all dried fruits and toss well.
- Store in an air tight container at room temp.
- Serve with yogurt and some fresh berries.
Note: You can substitute dried apricots, cherries, and figs with any of your favorite fruits. You can also add nuts after tossing the mixture.