- on Email
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 slices uncured antibiotic-free turkey bacon, diced
- 2 leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 cups clam juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- sea salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh chopped clams or high quality canned chopped clams
- fresh chopped parsley
- Bring large pot of water to a boil; add cauliflower florets and cook until cauliflower is tender, about 10-15 minutes, depending on the size of your florets; drain well. Place in blender with milk and puree until smooth.
- Heat olive oil in soup pot. Add turkey bacon and cook until crisp; remove to paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon. Add leeks and celery stalk to soup pot with remaining oil. Saute until leeks are softened; add clam juice, thyme and bay leaf. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Whisk in pureed cauliflower and milk mixture. Add clams and cook until clams are just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Stir in parsley just before serving. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with bacon bits.
Everything was great, and Cortney and his assistant were both fantastic. We had a wonderful time. Thanks for everything!More
Loft 12 is 6,000 sq. ft. penthouse that is a clean slate that can be transformed into the event space of your dreams. Oversized windows offer your guests with breathtaking 360 views day or night. Decorative lounge furniture, chaneliers, a full kitchen, and a landscaped roof deck makes this venue unforgettable.
Give Relish a call 212-228-1672, to find out how you can create a custom menu for your unique event!
Tomorrow is National Clam Chowder Day. Clam chowder offers a warm hearty meal great for lunch or dinner. Relish brings you a recipe for a "skinny" New England Clam Chowder from the Doctor Oz show that only takes an hour with prep and cook time.
Skinny New England Clam Chowder
What you'll need:
Enjoy on National New England Clam Chowder Day, tomorrow!
Looking for a versitile NYC venue with privacy and great views? Loft 12 is perfect for your next event! This 6,000 sq. ft. penthouse has a clean look with oversized windows offering 360 views of NYC. Decorative lounge furniture, chaneliers, a full kitchen, and a landscaped roof deck makes this venue unforgettable.
Give Relish a call 212-228-1672, to find out how you can create a menu to perfect your event at Loft 12!